Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back in Japan

Life has been pretty hectic since I returned to Japan. Besides dealing with jet lag, I had to manage the very little time I had to prepare for the start of the semester. Our fall matriculation ceremony was held on Thursday and classes started Friday morning. We do not have as many international students as we did last year, but we welcomed almost 300 new students from our sister universities from all over the world. There was a party to celebrate the start of a new "gakuyukai" for the Norwegian students on Thursday.
On Wednesday I met my very first student from Takao, Taiwan (photo/left). She lived in South Africa for a number of years and she is joining the All-English Program in my department. She is a good speaker of Japanese and I hope she'll have a great year here. To my surprise I found out her hobby is photography and she has a Canon G12! (I have a G11.)

No comments:

Post a Comment