Thursday, March 6, 2014

Greetings from Barcelona

Ola! I'm here in Spain with a group of 18 students from JIU. We flew through Amsterdam and arrived last night. There was not much time for the connection so I don't think any of us had time to even use the restroom at the airport. 
Our first lecture at the Universiti Autonoma de Barcelona.


Private lunch.


Artichokes--carxofa--at the local supermarket.

Mangoes from Brazil.

Lots of ham.

On the way to Codorniu.

Waiting for our tour guide.


Exciting tram ride.

What do you do with used bottles?

The tram ride continued indoors....


Want some cava?
I ended up buying two bottles of cava, the reserve type made of Chardonnay grapes. The problem I'm having here is that there is excellent bread everywhere and I'm going to weight a lot more by the time we fly back. Our breakfast this morning here on campus was excellent and I really don't know how everyone managed to eat so much at lunch time. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment