Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scary wake-up call

What a scary way to start a Tuesday! I'm sure everyone here in Chiba felt the quake a little earlier today. It was the biggest I've ever felt in my apartment, and when I turned the TV on, I realized the epicenter was where I was standing. That piece of information might not be precise enough but it explains the strong jolt that came from underneath. The floor didn't move sideways this time. I just now arrived in my office and again, books and broken things are on the floor, but it's not as bad as it was exactly a month ago.

Yesterday Tim shared this site with me. If you want to know a bit about the after-shocks we've had the past month, please take a look at: http://www.japanquakemap.com/. Don't forget to press the play bottom so that you can see where the hundreds of after-shocks are taking place.


No comments:

Post a Comment