Sunday, December 11, 2011

Graduate School: food culture

On Friday the students in my graduate school course cooked food from their countries and we had the opportunity to learn more about the customs and the food culture from each other's countries. We ate lots of great food from China, Norway, Japan and Brazil. I think the "unique" one for the Chinese and Japanese students was the Norwegian rice porridge. They said they are not used to eating sweet rice especially with cinnamon on top. Brazilian are used to that and we call it "arroz doce." I love it so I was very pleased and ate my whole bowl very quickly! Everything tasted really good and that's especially because everyone took the time to cook the food. I made "bacalhoada" using Norwegian cod fish. It's one of my favorite dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment