Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coincidence

Big and nice coincidences happen once in a while and on Tuesday something quite unbelievable took place in my office. On Saturday I went to Takemi to talk about the internship possibility for one of my advisees from Taiwan (left). There I met a Aoki-kun, a JIU student (right) who works there, and I told him to come see me in my office one of these days. With the owner of the restaurant we talked about Toru who had worked there when he was a JIU student. He graduated two years ago and I had not seen him since commencement. Then on Tuesday when Aoki-kun was in my office, my Taiwanese student showed up a minute after him and I was able to introduce them to each other. That was great as they'll be working together from now on. I thought it was a great coincidence that they showed up more or less at the same time. However, it didn't stop there. I got a phone call from the office saying a former student wanted to see me and then Toru showed up in my office! It was hard to believe that all three "Takemi connected" students gathered in my office around the same time without any kind of planning. I don't know how to explain this, but I'm glad it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment