Monday, October 1, 2012

Open Campus on 9-29-2012

Unfortunately we are getting to the end of our series of open campus sessions for this year. The main entrance exam is going to be in November for most students applying for my department. We had one session on Saturday and I was pleased to meet a girl who flew from Kagoshima on her own and was going to spend the night here in Chiba. I worried about her yesterday because the typhoon that was in this area, but I didn't have her phone number. I certainly hope she was able to fly back and this did not end up being a traumatic experience for her. The other pleasant encounter was with a young gentleman whose English teacher is a former student of mine. Coincidentally this boy lives in my neighborhood and we had a lot to talk about. I love meeting these young people who have so many possibilities in front of them and who have the choice of receiving global education and being in an international environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment