Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Interview #2


MSI: How is your program going?
Ayumi Kikawa: I am very satisfied with the program. I have classes where I can practice a lot. I think I am improving my English skills even though I just arrived on Friday. My host family is very kind and fun. I am having a very good time.
MSI: Do you have a lot of homework?
AK: Yes, I am taking grammar, listening and oral skills development, so in all classes we have homework.
MSI: That's good. Do you have any activities?
AK: Yes, we each have a conversation partner. Yesterday my conversation partner and I talked a lot in the afternoon. We went to the UCR library and bookstore. In the library I taught him Japanese grammar. After that we went for tea. We are planning to go out for lunch this week.
MSI: That's great. Is he a UCR student?
AK: Yes, his major is Mathematics. He is a senior.
MSI: I see. What have you enjoyed most so far?
AK: That's a difficult question. I have enjoyed everything so far. I like communicating with my host family in English. Also, the view that has impressed me most so far is the one of Los Angeles from the Griffith Observatory at night. I felt the USA is really a large country.
MSI: What differences between Japan and the USA have you experienced?
AK: Here I noticed that people hold the door for you. In Japan most people don't do that. People in general seem to be more friendly.
MSI: What do you want to accomplish while you are here?
AK:I would like to improve my English so that my long-term study-abroad program later this year is even better.
MSI: Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment