Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lunch with Ed Traynor & Sheila Dwight




We were so fortunate to have been invited to lunch by Ed Traynor, my favorite potter in the States. He did not only invite us all but also gave us all beautiful pieces of work (photo 1). Our present for him was very small compared to that: "hina" dolls. We certainly hope that he will make plans to travel to Japan in the near future. I found out today that he is a Taurus, too, and I would very much like to enjoy great food on great pottery with him in Japan--typical Taurus people love good food. We also had the honor of having Sheila with us. She was my boss and mentor while I was in Riverside 24 years ago, and she is the one who encouraged me to go to Japan in 1992. I miss the days she took me to the theater, out for ice cream and invited me to these great parties at her place. Spending time with great people is always, always very inspiring to me. Thanks, Sheila. Thanks, Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment