Saturday, July 7, 2012

Reconnecting with Dawn and John on July 5

Dawn and John are now living in Dalian, China and stopped by Chiba on their way to Canada. It was really nice reconnecting with them. She is the former director of Camosun International and thanks to her annual trips to Japan, I was able to see her at least once a year. She moved to Dalian in August and seems to love it there. When John was working for Camosun College, he came to JIU for a few weeks one summer to teach a course on psychology. At that time he took a great photo of my favorite wild flower, framed it and gave it to me the day he left. I have enjoyed it in my office since then. I have never been to Dalian, but I would certainly like to visit them there one day.
Meeting some of our students from Dalian.

Dinner at Takemi in Togane.

No comments:

Post a Comment